Bringing together over 3500 institutional investors, mining entrepreneurs, brokers and investment analysts for 5 days of high-value networking, investment analysis and deal-making, Mines and Money Hong Kong 2013 has been a hive of activity.
Argonaut were proud to be gold sponsors of the conference held in the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre from March 18th to 22nd 2013.
Argonaut’s Executive Chairman & Head of Corporate Charles Fear presented “The Real Cost of Gold”, his commentary on the gold industry.
Key Takeaways from “The Real Cost of Gold”:
- The gold industry is going through difficult times notwithstanding the high gold price
- A range of different approaches are applied to report production costs typically to “invigorate” the share price
- An industry standard approach is required to calculate total “all in” costs so that investors can make informed investment decisions
- Higher costs are likely to persist (more structural than cyclical)
- Large economic gold discoveries are becoming rare
- The quest for production at any cost is rapidly changing as investors focus on project economics delivering consistent free cash flow, return on investment and dividends.
Please download and read PDF below for Important Disclaimers & Disclosures.