Argonaut is proud to be the Major Sponsor of the Australian Uranium Conference to be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Perth, Western Australia from 15 to 16 July 2015.
The Australian Uranium Conference is the leading event in Australia for the Uranium sector. Due to industry demand and some geological and operational similarities, the conference has incorporated Rare Earths into the programme with great success.
With the industry suffering from negative sentiment and low prices over the past few years it has been a tough road to travel for those in the Uranium sector. However with many nuclear reactors coming back on line and with new agreements to combat greenhouse gas emissions which involve the increasing use of nuclear energy things seem set for a recovery within the next few years.
Keynote speakers at the event include:
- The Hon. Bill Marmion, MLA, BE, MB, Western Australian Government Mining & Petroleum and Housing Minister
- The Hon. Tom Koutsantonis MP, who holds the roles of Treasurer, Minister for Finance, Minister for State Development, Minister for Mineral Resources and Energy and Minister for Small Business;
- The Hon Karen Andrews MP, Federal Parliament who became Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Industry and Science in December 2014;
- The Hon. Gary Gray AO MP, who is the Shadow Minister for Resources; Shadow Minister for Northern Australia; Shadow Special Minister of State;
- Daniel Zavattiero, Executive Director – Uranium of the Minerals Council of Australia; and
- Adam Christopher, who joined TradeTech as a Statistical Analyst in 2012, with responsibilities including economic evaluations, price model development and data analysis.
Matthew Keane, Argonaut’s Metals and Mining Research Analyst, presented a Market Update on Day One at the conference. His presentation is available for viewing here.
For further information on the conference, including the programme, visit the Vertical Events website at www.verticalevents.com.au/uranium2015.