- Recent global data demonstrates the declining trend in capital raised by junior and intermediate mining companies. This is yet to reverse (see Figure 1 below)
- As expected, there is a clear, lagged relationship to drilling activity, particularly in the golds (see Figure 2 below and detail via link above)
- We do not see an environment conducive to an imminent rebound in capital inflows to junior miners, which suggests the slowdown in drilling activity is likely to extend
- Long-term, it will only exacerbate a period of exploration underinvestment and the dearth of new discoveries, triggering a strong price-led supply side response to unmet demand
- Our bullish long-term view on miners and their service providers is unchanged but tempered for now for companies exposed to the front end of the mining life cycle
To access the full report please log in under the Client Area at the bottom of this page.
Argonaut’s Client Area allows you to view delayed share prices, access Argonaut’s wealth of Research as well as create custom portfolios and set up company watch lists.
If you would like to access our research please contact us to create an account.